Don't you think that it is kind of weird that on facebook, I have 952 friends? 952 people and I have a mutual affection. Really? No. I don't even know if I have a mutual affection with 50 people. I know a lot of people, and I like them, but my friends-or people that I want to know everything about me are pretty limited.
I feel like all of my life, I've been so worried about hurting other people's feelings that I accepted everyone that I have met at least once in my life as a "friend" on facebook. There are only so many people that I really want to know what's going on in my life. Do I really need that kid that I met at camp 3 years ago to still know that I exist? Or how about the girl that made me quit the basketball team freshman year? Do i really need to have all of my ex boyfriend's information at my finger tips?
This blog is going to lay out a few guidelines for me. I am on a mission to delete 200 people off of my "friends" list.
Reasons to delete someone:
#1 Would you say hi to them if you saw them at wal*mart? What about have a short conversation?
#2 How many times have you seen this person in your life? If it's less than 10, you probably should delete them.
#3 Would this person even notice if you deleted them? I doubt 952 people look at my profile daily or even yearly.
#4 Do I like them? This sounds weird, but do I really need to keep that one bitch from high school that made me miserable? Doubt it.
#5 Are they still in high school? I'm a sophomore in college, do I really need a 14 year-old as my friend?
I mean, there are always exceptions (like my best friends little sister or my brother's best friend) but I definitely think that I can delete 200 people. It's going to take me a while, but that's my goal for the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment